Guitarist | Musicianary
Rodrigo Rodriguez was born in Quito Ecuador, South America. Coming from a very musical family, he started playing guitar at the age of 9, recording his first LP at the age of 12. When he was 16, he started to travel the world to increase his knowledge in the instrument, performing in Venezuela, Spain, France, England and Damascus, Syria. In 1986, he was invited to teach classical guitar by Eastfield College in Mesquite Texas.
Rodrigo has recorded 16 CDs, one recorded with the City of Prague Philharmonic. He has performed at Carnegie (Recital Hall), has been the Solo Guitarist for the:
- Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra (Texas)
- Pacific Symphony Orchestra (Orange County, California)
- Vancouver Willingdon Symphony Orchestra (Canada)
- National Symphony Orchestra (Quito, Ecuador)
- Palm Beach Atlantic Symphony Orchestra (Florida)
- He has composed a concerto for guitar and chamber orchestra entitled “The Savior”, along with many other compositions for solo, duel, and trio guitar, flute and guitar, and voice and guitar.
He has made concert tours in Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Canada, Czech-Republic, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Guatemala, Scotland, England and throughout the United States.
In 1992, Rodrigo found a new direction in his life. He is now privileged to serve the Lord in full-time music ministry.